New Year // New Reflections
Happy New Year!!!
For us at Alpha Ministries, 2018 was a year covered by the fingerprints of God and one that was immersed deeply into His sovereign plan of provision and grace for our lives. Over the course of the past 12 months, we as an organization have experienced our fair share of highs, lows, valleys, and mountain tops and are certain that all of you reading this have as well. Yet we know that in every second of the past year, God has orchestrated the awe inspiring successes along with the unplanned (and often unwelcomed) setbacks. At the end of 2018, we have made it a point to look back, take some substantial time to reflect, and to set our expectations high on all that God has in store for 2019! We’d like to share with you some of the incredible victories we have experienced this year through the various ministries and programs we have in place around the world while also providing you with some possible goals you may want to take on for yourself. We’re excited you’ve found your way here to our blog and hope that you leave encouraged and excited for a new year!
2018 was a huge success concerning the “numbers” produced through our different projects and ministries. While we understand at a fundamental level that our identity and effectiveness does not lie solely in the large numbers based on production, we praise God for the positive results we’ve experienced and want to share with you, our faithful partners, the incredible impact that has been made!
- The IMPACT conferences that were held equipped 7,271 Frontline Messengers and Christian leaders for more effective evangelism.
- A total of 51,690 individuals heard the gospel during a one-on-one encounter.
- 8,768 home groups are actively in operation.
- 1,200 needy children are being provided monthly care and nurture through believers care.
- A total of 37,721 children attend CBC (Children’s Bible Class) across Burma, Nepal and India.
- A total of 119,823 tracts, gospel portions, and other pieces of evangelistic literature were distributed.
- A total of 31,800 Bibles were given to individuals who were eager to read the scriptures in their own language.
- A total of 35,643 New Testaments were distributed to seeking hearts.
- A total of 14,014 people made decisions for Christ through various outreach programs.
- A total of 2,851 people were baptized by Alpha Churches in Asia.
- A total of 1,398 new villages were reached and church planting/stations were established.
- 76 elderly senior saints received support, which included food, support and other medical help.
- 286 jackets for children were distributed.
- 15 families that suffered because of persecution were relocated in 2018, majority of them were in partnership with Voice of the Martyrs.
- 19 children received educational scholarships to secondary schools and college for further studies.
- 12 living clean water at each well.
- 14 church buildings were constructed.
- 515 people attended the Church Based Bible Institute.
- 736 Bible in a Backpack
- 274 graduated from M28 training
- 610 pastors were given care packages.
- 800 families received relief aid during floods and other natural calamities in Burma and India.
- 600 helmets were distributed
- 97 Small battery operated PA system
- 2 bathrooms were constructed through “A Bathroom for every family”
- 1000 M28 Pastors Library were distributed
- 4vehicles were given to frontline workers
- 3 sewing machines given through VITAL project.
- 64 bicycles and 55 motorcycles were given to frontline Messengers
- Thousands upon Thousands of people received clean drinking water through 40“Water Huts” located in different regions of North India during summer’s intense heat droughts where no water was available.
As we are finishing off this first week of 2019, we at Alpha Ministries are waiting expectantly for all that God will do in the new year. While we trust in Him fully to provide for our needs and to continue his transforming work within us, we still believe it to be necessary to set personal goals for ourselves that are focused on growing and becoming more and more like the people God has called us to be! As you continue to ponder on your new year goals, we’d like to share with you two character traits you may want to consider growing within yourself this new year!
Become A Listener
One of the greatest ways that we as followers of Christ can convey to a lost and hurting world that they have intrinsic value to God is by taking the time to deeply listen to them. Can you a recall a time in your life when, during a season of suffering or heartache of your own, you felt genuinely listened to as you worked hard to articulate your thoughts? The experience was one that we are sure deeply ministered to your soul. Throughout Jesus’s ministry, he regularly took the time to stop and listen to the outcasts of society and those down and out in their difficult circumstances. In Mark 10, Jesus takes the time to listen to the blind man, Bartimaeus, while in Jericho. Locals of the area at the time scorned Bartimaeus for reaching out to Christ. Scripture says, “Jesus stopped and said, “Call him.” So they called to the blind man, “Cheer up! On your feet! He’s calling you.” 50 Throwing his cloak aside, he jumped to his feet and came to Jesus. 51 “What do you want me to do for you?” Jesus asked him. The blind man said, “Rabbi, I want to see.” 52 “Go,” said Jesus, “your faith has healed you.” Immediately he received his sight and followed Jesus along the road.” Mark 10: 49-52
Can you imagine the feeling Bartimaeus must have had that day? While we may not be able to give the blind back their sight, we do have the opportunity to listen to our neighbors, our coworkers, and our family members. Rather than idly thinking on what we will say to them next in a conversation, we can pause, hear out those who come to us for compassion, and then hear them fully. Watch and see the power behind the ministry of becoming a good listener can do.
Become A Giver
Let’s be clear, we completely understand that starting off a new year with a spirit of giving is not always our first response after spending so much of our resources over the holiday season. Coming out of what seems like an entire month of lavish giving, stricter budgets and new year savings plans are often on the forefront of our minds. While the temptation to cut back on our charitable giving is often in full force during the month of January, we want to encourage you to not let up! Scripture tells us, in the book Matthew, “(Jesus said) “Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.” We at Alpha Ministries deeply believe that we cannot out-give God. Over the years, we have seen the incredible provision of God as we choose to step out in faith and give even when our budgets and bank accounts may advise otherwise.
As we continue to move full-steam ahead into 2019, we ask that you consider how you can be a part of the incredible work God is doing around the world! We look expectantly to all that God has in store for you this new year and can’t wait to join you in discovering more of His faithfulness in 2019.